All information is obtained from the Columbia County Department of Health’s food inspection website.
• Chatham Chinese Restaurant, of Chatham, was inspected Dec. 7 and was cited with having single-service items reused, improperly stored, dispensed or not used when required; having nonfood contact surfaces of equipment not clean; having handwashing facilities inaccessible, improperly located, dirty, in disrepair, improper fixtures, soap and single-service towels or hand drying devices missing; and having food not protected during storage, preparation, display, transportation and service, from potential sources of contamination (e.g., food uncovered, mislabeled, stored on floor, missing or inadequate sneeze guards, food containers double stacked) — all noncritical violations.
• Peint O Gwrw, LTD, of Chatham, was inspected Dec. 10 and cited with having floors, walls or ceilings that were not smooth, properly constructed, in disrepair or had dirty surfaces; not having readily available accurate thermometers or not using them to evaluate refrigerated or heated storage temperature; having nonfood contact surfaces and equipment improperly designed, constructed, installed or maintained, specifically having equipment not readily accessible for cleaning, with non-smooth surface finish; and having food contact surfaces not washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any time of operations when contamination may have occurred — all non-critical violations.
• Chatham Cafe and Deli, of Chatham, was inspected Dec. 10 and cited with having dirty wiping clothes not properly stored in sanitizing solutions — a non-critical violation.
• Lectorium Rosicrucianum, of Chatham, was inspected Dec. 21 and was not cited.
• Blue Plate, of Chatham, was inspected Dec. 31 and cited with not having a choking training poster; having floors, walls or ceilings that are not smooth, properly constructed, in disrepair or having dirty surfaces; having inadequate lighting and ventilation with unshielded fixtures, dirty ventilation hoods, ductwork, filters or exhaust fans; having unclean non-food contact surfaces of equipment; and not having available accurate thermometers or not using accurate thermometers to evaluate refrigerated or heated storage temperatures — all non-critical violations.
• Blueberry Hill Market Cafe, of New Lebanon, was inspected Dec. 1 and not cited.
• Sunrise Cafe, of New Lebanon, was inspected Dec. 2 and cited with not having accurate thermometers available or used to evaluate refrigerated or heated storage temperatures — a noncritical violation.
• Mario’s Restaurant, of New Lebanon, was inspected Dec. 30 and cited with having uncleaned nonfood contact surfaces of equipment and not having available accurate thermometers or not using accurate thermometers to evaluate refrigerated or heated storage temperatures — both noncritical violations.