CATSKILL — Reports of a natural gas leak brought Catskill Fire Company and Catskill Ambulance to Hop-O-Nose Housing and Apartments in the village Thursday morning.

Catskill police requested the fire company respond to the scene at about 9:21 a.m., after a strong odor of gas was noticed in the area of apartment No. 20.

Catskill firefighters arrived at the apartments and asked Central Hudson Gas & Electric crews to respond to the scene.

Firefighters used a gas detection meter to measure gas levels present in the area. The meter detects the presence of natural gas and carbon monoxide, Central Hudson spokesman John Maserjian said.

Central Hudson checked the area and found no evidence of leaking gas, Maserjian said. No injuries were reported.

Part of Greene Street was closed to traffic.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.