LIVINGSTON — Quick work by Livingston firefighters stopped a kitchen fire before it spread through an apartment, Livingston fire chief Paul Jahns IV said Monday.

The fire damaged a stove and the cabinets above the stove, Jahns said.

At about 6:46 p.m., Columbia County 911 sent Livingston Fire Company and Northern Dutchess Paramedics to 39 Lasher Drive after a caller reported that her kitchen was on fire.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they were able to put the fire out quickly. They then began checking to make sure it had not spread past the kitchen, Jahns said.

The sole resident of the apartment was able to make it out of the building safely.

There were no reported injuries, Jahns said.

Firefighters ventilated the building.

Fire and rescue vehicles lined County Route 19. The road was down to one lane of traffic, in the area of the fire.

State police assisted at the scene.

All firefighters were back in service at 8:10 p.m.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.