HUDSON — There were no reported injuries after a small fire broke out Monday night at a city residence, Hudson Fire Chief Anthony Demarco Jr. said.

The fire began in an electrical outlet and spread to a mattress at 95 Green St., Demarco said.

At about 8:44 p.m., Columbia County 911 sent Hudson Fire Department to the home for a reported electrical fire, after receiving a call from the residence, reporting that an outlet was on fire.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, they went to the second floor to make sure the fire was out. The mattress, which they found smoldering, was taken outside, Demarco said.

The residents of the building were advised to have an electrician look at the outlet.

Part of Green Street was closed while crews worked.

Hudson Police assisted at the scene.

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Johnson Newspapers 7.1

(2) comments

Jacob the best

My friend was there

Jacob the best

My friend was there

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.