Crailo State Historic Site Reopening
RENSSELAER – Crailo State Historic Site reopened to the public on Wednesday, July 22. Due to the continuing risks of the COVID-19 virus, the historic site has changed our operations to ensure the health and safety of visitors, staff, and the public at large. Please take note of the following protective measures and changes to our typical hours and offerings:
• Visits are available by reservation ONLY. Reservations can be made by calling the historic site at (518) 463-8738. Visitors will be required to give their name, a contact number, and the city, town, or location they are visiting from.
• If you feel ill, are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (including temperature of 100 degrees or above, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or complete loss of smell or taste), please do not enter Crailo State Historic Site.
• All tours of the museum and historic house will be self-guided. Self-guided tours will be offered at 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM, Wednesday through Sunday. To ensure a safe museum environment, the maximum number of people allowed inside the historic house and museum will be 10 at any given time.
• We are offering exterior and grounds tours, weather permitting. These exterior tours highlight Crailo history, architectural details as well as Hudson River history. The historic site grounds are small, but appropriate footwear is recommended. These tours are also reservation ONLY, and are offered at 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM.
• Visitors over the age of two are required to wear an appropriate face covering in all interior spaces, at all times.
• Visitors from the same household must always maintain a distance of 6 feet from other visitors and Crailo State Historic Site staff.
• Protective gloves are required any time visitors need to touch sensitive historic structures and furnishings, such as historic bannisters and railings on stairways. These protective gloves will be provided to visitors as needed.
• Admission to Crailo State Historic Site: $5.00 for adults, $4.00 for students and seniors (62 and older), 12 and under are FREE. The gift shop will remain closed until further notice.
As part of the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, Crailo State Historic Site is committed to protecting visitors, staff, and the public at large from the COVID-19 virus. For more information please call (518)463-8738, or visit www.nysparks.com, or www.facebook.com/CrailoStateHistoricSite.
Once the Van Rensselaer family’s fortified home, Crailo State Historic Site is the museum of the Colonial Dutch in the Hudson River Valley and is administered by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Crailo is located at 9 ½ Riverside Avenue, Rensselaer, New York.